Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to us!

Today, May 25, is our family's birthday. 8 years ago we told "yes" to each other and became "one". I remember it like it was yesterday. We didn't have a big wedding because I didn't have any family here, only a few new friends I had met. I couldn't help financially and Bob had to buy both our rings. Of course I saved a lot of money by making my own wedding dress, we only spent about $30 on the fabric and the beads. I made it on Bob's old sewing machine and had to wash it in the washing machine the night before our wedding because the sewing machine was leaking oil. I don't remember being nervous or super excited. Maybe because i didn't believe it was happening, it was too good to be true. I thought somebody would slap me in the face and I would wake up in my apartment in Russia. I still sometimes can't believe I have such a wonderful husband - Bob. Today I gave him a card and it says "The Lord knew what He was doing when He put our hearts together..." Bob was always So good to me! He talks to me and he helps me, he encourages me and lifts me up, he teaches me English (still!!!) and how to deal with American people. We are SO different and SO the same! I thank God for every day I have with Bob. And I thank Bob for being the best husband for me and the great father for our daughter. And I thank him for being with me on this adoption journey.
We are waiting on our approval from USCIS. As soon as we get it, our dossier is going to Ukraine.

No comments: